Our teachers want to welcome students into an atmosphere of beauty and inspiration. Natural light filters into the classroom. There is an absence of clutter. Walls display fine paintings, wise sayings, maps of faraway places, and nature objects gathered by the children.
Our pupils experience the guiding hand of a teacher who is both loving and firm. Teachers allow their pupils to experience the natural consequences of their actions, and pupils experience the delight and the struggle of everyday life. They learn for the joy of learning, free from the burden of competing for grades or prizes.
At The Vine School, teachers cultivate an atmosphere that nurtures:
- joy and belonging
- a culture based on what is good, noble and true
- pursuit of, and love for, knowledge
- wonder, as students relate to knowledge, to others and to God
- delight in work and in the struggle to grow
- rigor, challenge and an opportunity to meet mind to mind
- rich variety in work, conversation and focus
"The bracing atmosphere of truth and sincerity should be perceived in every school; and here again the common pursuit of knowledge by teacher and class comes to our aid and creates a current of fresh air perceptible even to the chance visitor, who sees the glow of intellectual life and the moral health on the faces of teachers and children alike." Charlotte Mason